December 15, 2014

My Story-

I have been wanting to write my story for a very long time.  I feel I need to share it with others who have been called to walk similar paths.   I do not feel I am able to express all my thoughts, feelings, ideas, and experiences as I would like to.  I am somewhat limited by words in our human language.  I have often begun to write and not had the words to express my thoughts exactly as I would like to so I put the pen down and left the pages of my story blank.  Please bear with me in my weakness as I write.

A little bit about me.  I am a Daughter of Father who gave me a Reason for living.  I am his handmaid and live to Serve him.  Everything I do is for the Glory of Him who created the Earth and everything in it, about it and on it.

I married my best friend nearly 19 years ago.  We met 20 years ago, at a time in my life I was not  searching.  I had just returned home from a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Cape Town, South Africa.  We met at my homecoming talk.  I thought he was 19 preparing for a mission.  Little did I know he was 28, Separated with 2 kids.  He has moved into my ward while I was away.  Our Father in Heaven knew me, he knew I would need some time to get used to the idea of marrying a man with 2 children.  My belief was that he needed to work things out with his wife.  I believe Marriage should last for Eternity......  I will share that lengthy story later. We married May 3, 1996 one  year to the day I came.  I was so happy I had been given the chance to marry my forever best friend and I Chose to love his children as my own...  Another adventure for later...

We ended up having 8 more amazing children for total of 10.  We have lived in Phoenix, Arizona, Appleton Wisconsin, Colorado, and Tooele Ut. One year we moved 3 times and 3 states.  It was a crazy year...

After our 3rd child as born a season of a Dark Depression found me behind closed locked doors on my knees pleading with Father to make sense of my life.  Three small children needed me, I had just had my very first C- Section, and I far from my family and friends.  We were alone on a new adventure Just Mike and I and our little growing family.  My roles just kept growing yet I felt I really was not sure of my purpose in life.  I was drifting  a mother  of  3 helpless youngsters and 2 step children, a marriage, a house to take care of, all of the people in my life needed me and depended on me.  It seemed to me to be one very long day that would not end.  I needed guidance, purpose and vision amongst my piles of dishes, Mt. Washmore, diapers, meals and my endless list of things to do.  Would I ever see the light.
One day after a very extremely long night I found my self on my knees, crying, sobbing my heart our to God..  I needed guidance if ever, I needed to find hope, and passion for life...  I have been on my knees for  what seemed like an eternity to me when I had the impression I should homeschool.  I pushed it out of my mind as quick as it entered.  The impression persisted, insisting I entertain it.  I was certain it was a crazy insane idea and could not possibly be my answer to this debilitating depression.  But It just kept creeping into my thoughts, I found blogs and I read just to say I did entertain the thought.  I was certain at this point that Father  had a sense of Humor.  I recalled our time in Wisconsin.  We met 4 not 1, or 2 families with 12 kids.  One of which homeschooled, and one started their own K12 Charter school.  I was liking the charter school idea.  I had placed our eldest daughters name on the waiting list when we moved to Colorado at just 3 years old.  I was told I had to get her on the list as soon as possible as Charter schools were nearly impossible to get a child into.  I thought they were crazy but did it anyways, In the mean time I found a great Joy School for our eldest. We LOVED it!
Then at the end of the school year just before our eldest turned 5 I received a call from the Dean of the k-12 Charter school, inviting me to a meeting to learn more about their school.  I went.  I learned that if we really wanted our daughter to get in we could better her chances by homeschooling kindergarten and sending her to a day a week options day for homeschoolers.  Score.  This would bump her chances up to get into the school.  The lottery would go, siblings, students in the homeschooling options program then the waiting list drawings would start. 
So I went home and told Mike my findings.  He said well you can not mess up Kindergarten.  So we homeschooled Kindergarten, lots of field trips, option days....  It was an amazing year.  At the end of the school year she was accepted as a first grader.  We hurried to enroll her to save her spot.
During the summer I just kept not feeling right about  sending my baby off to school.  She was unenrolled before the first day of school began.  Thus began our homeschooling journey.

Now lets fast forward 8 years.............  We used K12 online, doing our own thing(unschooling)  TJED.  We helped to start an amazing Commonwealth School Founders.  We were happy and set so we thought.

Heavenly Father had different plans for us yet again.  He needed our family in Utah, I drug my feet on this one, I really did not want to go.   Mike and I took our decisions to the Lord and we fixed up our house and put it on the Market and made plans to move to Utah.  Mike found a job in Utah and off we went.

We ended up moving out to Tooele, Utah.  Father had his had in this as well.  We felt that part of the many reasons we were moving to Utah was to help heal our families.  His, Mine, and Ours. We were not sure how that was even going to happen but put our trust once again in his hands and here we are.
  I felt called to build a commonwealth school in Tooele and felt completely overwhelmed!  But I was sure if I was called I could do it.  Over our first summer here in Utah I met a dear friend and she was going to help me create a school.  We had a Pyramid Project mentor, a Key of Liberty Mentor and a Shakespeare Mentor we were set.  We did not get a overwhelming response from our community.  Bridges had been burned in some years  before I moved here regarding Commonwealth schools.
We began our school adventure with 5 students total.  It ended up waning out.  I finished only 1 semester of Key of Liberty then we had family troubles to deal with.  So I quit teaching my scholar class to focus on our Family.
During the the Summer Lemi Training, I was praying again mightily to the Lord for things our son was dealing with.  When I heard Aneladee speak about  her boys and an amazing program she was working with.  I knew I had an answer placed before me yet again.  I went home excited then life happened.  October came around and the problems did not go away.  I recalled the program Aneladee had mentioned so I called her.  Mike, I and Josh enrolled in Eternal Warriors then.  It taught us and changed my life around.
Then in January 2013, Heavenly Father inspired me and gave me an outline of a class to mentor, with our children in mind.  I invited my Key of Liberty class along with us so Becoming the Hero Your are Born to Be project was born!  It was an amazing semester...  Maelyn and Josh started attended a commonwealth school in Bountiful with my friend Joanne for a couple classes.  They liked that.
Joshua decided he wanted to take Shakespeare and wanted to go to Bountiful to be with his friends from Eternal Warriors.  He begged to go.  I was really impressed by these boys and Josh needed some really great friends.
I also had begun to hear of a project Aneladee and Katie were working on.  A Family School.  I was intrigued by what I had heard so far.  Aneladee invited me to a cottage meeting to learn more.  As I was listening to her presentation I felt I would be a part of it somehow.  I needed to be Heavenly Father wanted me to be.  I was excited to learn that the school would teach Hebrew principles, and for storytelling..   I heard words like house, learning, creation, stories, projects....  I wanted to know more much more...  These very words Father has planted on my heart over the years.  I had been studying how to create a Temple in my home, School of the Prophets, The Power of Stories.  It felt right.  Aneladee asked me to be over the Davinci part of the family school.   As I attended meetings with Katie, Aneladee, Kim and Kim.  I was super excited for our new school year.  
  During our first year of school we all had a huge learning curve.  A beautiful journey..  I kept hearing familiar words during our first year together, Art, Music, Create, Discover, Healing, The Hebrew Way.  I recalled a charge I had received from Father to study the Abrahamic Covenant.  I was ingesting Hebrew principles and making connections.  Then one day I was chatting with Katie and mentioned I needed to study the Abrahamic Covenant and she said that this is what we are doing in our school.  I was floored.  I should not have been stopped in my tracks but I was.  My breath was taken away for a moment.  I let it soak it all soak in to me.  The wonderful families, Women I was surrounded with were creating a safe, healing environment I was seeking, trying to create in our own home.  We were on the same journey brought together my our Loving Father.  I do not fully realize the scope and magnitude of all of this yet.  My heart and mind are open and I am ready to receive more light and knowledge that Father has to offer us.
I have been surrounded my women of light and truth who nurture me and our family.  I have had more than a few Dejavu moments with my dear friends as we take this journey together.  Each of us, I know are meant to be here and now together bringing our piece of the whole creating a beautiful masterpiece that will benefit not only ourselves, our families but our communities and change will move out to the World.  We can be the light on the Hill.  Our light is needed in the dark times we live.  I am very pleased to be called to this work, to be here with each of you embarking on the grand adventure of preparing a generation prepared to meet their Savior.  We are Mothers Who Know.  God has called us to this work. 

No comments: